Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Biggie
    • Oct 2006

CD Drive is confusing me!?!

ok so here's the problem. Im trying to burn data on a cd-r, and it is a successful burn (well thats what nero says), at a speed of 4x.

Now then....when i put the disc back into the drive...the computer/drive wont read it....it makes all sorts of noises...this is also the case for my dvd player. I have also bought different cd media types...but the problem still persists.

I then decided to put in another cd i burned a while ago when the drive was fine, and that worked!!!

Im quite sure the problem is hardware related, but dont know what exactly it could be. Does it just need a clean or is the laser/lens just gone.

Im just confused all over, i mean the burn is fine but its just the reading of the disc afterwards???
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

did you do what soup and cynthia reccomended?

Comment

• Biggie
      • Oct 2006

yeh..sorry should have mentioned it....at that point my drive just wouldn't burn at all....their recommendations helped a lot...and now i am now able to burn at 4x.....just that now the drive won't read the disc....however it does read previous discs that i burnt...

Comment

Working...