Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chinook9
    • Jul 2006

Rebadged BenQ at CompUSA

This may be old news but, knowing Benq drives are loved and are becoming harder to find, thought I'd post it.

Compusa (both store and web site) now have two (possibly three) drives on sale that are probably rebadged Benq drives.

Lightscribe version is a Connect Computers Model DVDRWCCLS. $59 is now $7.99 after $12 instant and $40 mail in rebate. The one buyer review on the Compusa website indicates that the one they purchased had Benq DW1655 documentation in the box and BenQ firmware already installed.

Compusa also have the regular version of this Connect Computers model their website but I have no idea if it could be a Benq DW1650 or not.

The Norwood Micro 070673 is on the website for $69 less $20 instant rebate and $40 mail in rebate. I purchased one of these last weekend at the Boulder, Colorado store and it turned out to be the DW1650 (DW1650 is printed above the UPC code, right on the box) and I successfully flashed it with the BQflasher to BCDC.

Hope this information is helpful.
  • katzdvd
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Feb 2006

Hi chinook9,

Thanks for the info. The first one is sold out, but the Norwood is still avail. Cost me $31.78 to the door (after rebate) Not bad for a rebadge Benq! I wanted to purchase several, but the rebate is good for 1 per customer

Oh well, at least I got one more to add to the collection!

Jump on 'em before they are all gone!

Regards, katz

Comment

Working...