X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • joe113
    Menu hater
    • Feb 2005

remove riplock?

Hi just wondering if theres any way to make my HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GMA-4082N drive quicker at reading discs. I used to have a pc (this is a laptop) which had a toshiba dvdrom drive. I was able to flash it with firmware that removed a riplock that was on it and it was a beast at reading discs afterwards. Full dvd in 6 minutes or so opposed to the 25 or 30 that this drive takes. Is there any way of speeding this sucker up? I'm willing to take a chance, if it destroys the drive I'll plug in an external one to it.

Cheers,

Joe.
  • locoeng
    Who Farted?
    • Dec 2005

There is nothing that you can do for that drive that I'm aware of...I have the same one in my laptop and it just gets slower and slower the more you use it. Suprised it hasn't stopped completely. I'd go for an external drive.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. It's not fair to you and no challenge for us."
    Walt Kelly

Comment

• joe113
      Menu hater
      • Feb 2005

Cheers man, so my suspicions are correct,it is getting slower.

Joe.

Comment

• locoeng
        Who Farted?
        • Dec 2005

Yes it is....sorry, but I feel your pain.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. It's not fair to you and no challenge for us."
        Walt Kelly

Comment

• joe113
          Menu hater
          • Feb 2005

if its gotta go then its gotta go. Thing is, my external is not much quicker at reading. Its a lite-on. Have it a while. Are there any external burners (usb2) that are really fast at reading discs, or at least changeable(via firmware) that you're aware of?

Cheers man,

Joe.

Comment

• locoeng
            Who Farted?
            • Dec 2005

I don't have any experience with external burners, but I think I'd just get a good NEC drive a quality enclosure.

Walt Kelly

Comment

• joe113
              Menu hater
              • Feb 2005

cheers.

Joe

Comment

Working...