X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gaza
    • Feb 2007

MPEG2 and DVD Shrink

Gday

I recently copied a number of dvd's using Shrink that had themselves been copied from the originals by Dvd Shrink.

My DVD a Telefunken TDV 0820 wont play them.

DVD Shrink wont recopy them either.

When I put them into the computer and use Power DVD they play fine and I am told that the dvd's are in MPEG2 format.

Is there some way to allow the dvd's to be recorded by shrink or other program using some sort of converter (I can hear someone laughing now) to allow the 30 odd dvd's I have to either record and be playable or is there some way I can hack my DVD to recognise the MPEG2 format?

Yeah I know, damned amateurs.............

Regards
    Gaza
    Last edited by Gaza; 13 Feb 2007, 08:52 AM. Reason: Mistake in model number
  • blutach
    Not a god of digital video
    • Oct 2004

Crap media probably. Check the Media code in ImgBurn.

You can try a 1:1 ISO copy via DVD Decrypter/ImgBurn. IF your PC reads it properly. And go get some decent media - Verbatims are good.

Transferred to Blank Media and Burning forum.

Regards
    Les

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
    [What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

Comment

• Gaza
      • Feb 2007

Gday Les

As I said Im just venturing outside of the comfort of Shrink at the moment.

It appears the copies of copies I have are now in MPEG2 format.
      They were created both times by Shrink ie the original and the copy of the copy.
      I apologise for being a dummy but I have all these dvds in MPEG2 now that I want to get into DVD format.
      I dont seem to understand how to get this from the discs I have to new ones.
      I have mag Media, XLogic and Verbatim dvd-r and +r here so I can use the Verbatim.
      I have ImgBurn now but it asks for files and I am not sure how to get the video off the dvds I have now so ImgBurn can do its stuff (hopefully) and give me useable dvds.

El Dillo

Comment

• seedybrick
        • May 2006

i think you can use decrypter to extract that dvd

Comment

• Gaza
          • Feb 2007

I have had a look around not liking to have things beat me, and I have downloaded Ripit4me which seems to convert the MPEG2 dvd, then sends the info to Decrypter and then Shrink does its thing and Nero burns it.
          Its alomost happening but I seem to be missing files as the final product jumps chapters and then settles down into the last few chapters OK.
          Files that start off at say 4.3GB end up say 2.1GB thus losing a lot in the process.
          It cant be this hard to copy a copy of a Shrink produced DVD can it?
          DAANG !!!

Comment

• Gaza
            • Feb 2007

Also is there any suggestions re the settings for Decryptor. I have seen suggestions about aggressive sittings, removing PUOs etc.
            Itd be nice if I knew what all that meant.
            All I want to do is copy a copied DVD.

Comment

• MikeyBK
              Digital Video Maniac
              • Feb 2006

Gaza, DVDs are Mpeg2 videos, just in DVD compliant format (VOBs, IFOs, BUPs). If you place the copied DVDs into your PC and explore it, you'll see the VOBs, IFOs, BUPs.

I'd have to agree with Les on this one that it most likely is poor media that the movies are on.

MBK

Antec 900 ATX Mid Tower
              Antec True Power Trio 650W PSU
              ABIT IP35 Pro LGA 775 Intel Motherboard
              Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4GHz CPU (Overclocking @ 2.9GHz)
              XFX GeForce 8600GT 256MB GDDR3 Video Card
              Patriot eXtreme Performance (2 x 1GB) DDR2 SDRAM
              Seagate Barracuda(Perpendicular Recording) 320GB SATA 3.0Gb

*SAMSUNG 18X LightScribe SATA SH-S183L DVD±R
              *Sony DRU-810A IDE DVD±R
              *BenQ LS DW1655 IDE DVD±R

Comment

Working...