Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Thanh-BKK
    • Feb 2007

never praise something......

Ok so i didn't observe rule #1: "Never praise any software or apparatus as working. Doing so will cause said software or apparatus to cease working with immediate effect".

I said "i upgraded Nero and it works like charm"? Yes, it did. for the first three disks, and that's it.

I then tried the ImgBurn, found out how to use it - and see, it too threw errors all around it, however it didn't waste the discs, instead it gently did "re-tries" and got the data onto the disc every single time

So then i went to get a pack of "Sony" DVD-R's, as recommended by the drive manufacturer for this burner model. And i found that Nero didn't like those any better than the Princo's...... identical errors. So i gave up on Nero and stuck with ImgBurn, which did NOT generate any errors with the Sony's.

On saturday then i went shopping, hunting for Taiyo-Yuden. I went to places that sell blank media, i went to Panthip Plaza (six storey shopping mall with nothing but computer stuff!) and put the whole damn place upside-down within four hours - there are shops that sell really nothing but blank discs of all kinds, but asking for "Taiyo-Yuden" yielded me similar looks as if i had asked for "A pound of hamburger and a large bag of popcorn please".

There's no such thing as "Taiyo-Yuden" in Bangkok!!

However i was able to get hold of some "Verbatim" DVGD-R's, and i am currently running thru those - so far 12 burned and not a single error, however i didn't even bother trying with Nero, i stuck with ImgBurn. What i wonder is that the Princo's are detected by it as "Princo", Sony as "Sony" but Verbatim as "MCC 20" or something like that. Does it have to be that way? I don't care as long as they burn fine!

Now another thing. Both the Sony as well as the Verbatim are easier available as DVD+R than DVD-R. Since i have always been using the -R variant, i wonder what is the difference between them? The +R's cost slightly more but more shops have them (speaking of the Verbatim ones). Can i just use them instead of the -R? For me it's important that i can burn them in my burner and that they will play in any other DVD drive (not a standalone DVD player but ANY computer DVD drive). I would apreciate some information on that issue.

With kind regards.......

your Thanh

Comment

Working...