Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

here's an external burner that takes an ink cartridge

Comment

• beachbumm33
      Digital Video Enthusiast
      Digital Video Enthusiast
      • Feb 2007

thanks for pointing that out chewy, but I dont think thats what was being refered to

Comment

• DVDFan1969
        • Nov 2005

Originally Posted by beachbumm33
        no, they dont have ink cartridges...... smky is just telling you that she takes her empty cartridges in to the store and they give her money for them, and she applies that money to the purchase price of the items she is buying

oh ok. sorry. i'm kinda slow at times so i appreciate your patience on this lol. anyway in the next couple of days i'll get me one. I just hope i can be patient enough by then on my internal one. I get tired of flashing my drive. had to do it yesterday for Tenacious D:The Pick Of Destiny. anyway...

Paul

Comment

• smkymntgrl
          Digital Video Technician
          Digital Video Technician
          • Feb 2005

Originally Posted by beachbumm33
          no, they dont have ink cartridges...... smky is just telling you that she takes her empty cartridges in to the store and they give her money for them, and she applies that money to the purchase price of the items she is buying
          You got it! Sorry I didn't even think that some of you might not know about the empty ink cartridge returns. In case you don't Staples, Office Max, and Office Depot will take your empty ink cartridges and give you either a coupon for $3 for each cartridge or take off the $3 off your bill.

Office Depot will only let you redeem one coupon per visit, Staples 3, Office Max will take 5 at a time. They will all actually take more then that in at once and they will give you the coupons for the ones you have left after you redeem their maximum limit.

They do have to be Hp, Lexmark, or Dell at Staples not sure at the others but I know they take HP tho.

Sorry to confuse you DVDFan! No wonder your burner hasn't been working right, you forgot to put the ink in it!!

Originally Posted by Chewy
          here's an external burner that takes an ink cartridge

http://www.supermediastore.com/xlnt-...publisher.html
          Nice one Chewy but not what I had in mind!

Smkymntgrl

Check for Firmware Updates HERE.
          Read THIS to Find Out How to Find and Post Your Nero Log.
          READ the Golden Rules of Burning.

Knowledge Speaks, But Wisdom Listens
          - Jimi Hendrix

Comment

• DVDFan1969
            • Nov 2005

ok i got the money and bought "Mad Dog" model MD-18XTFE. does a pretty good job. at least now i won't have to flash my firmware constantly. it only shows support up to XP and does not show Vista so i do not know if it'll support Vista but regardless it's awesome. i tried it with a -R and it took 30 minutes to burn. not sure why -R's take forever but +R's burn quick. i know -R is x2 and +R is X8 but still. anyway,just thought i'd update you.

Comment

• Chewy
              Super Moderator
              • Nov 2003

I think that's a samsung SH-S182D

what software are you burning with?

Comment

• DVDFan1969
                • Nov 2005

Shrink and decrypter.

Comment

• Chewy
                  Super Moderator
                  • Nov 2003

does dvdd say it's a samsung?

Comment

• DVDFan1969
                    • Nov 2005

TSSTcorp CD/DVDW SH-S182D SB00 (USB)
                    Current Profile: DVD+R

That's what the first part says

Comment

• Chewy
                      Super Moderator
                      • Nov 2003

sb02 is the latest at the samsung site

but they have sb04 here

shows there were some bugs in the initial firmware and they are supporting the drive well with fixes

nice burner, good choice
                      Last edited by Chewy; 5 Mar 2007, 10:51 AM.

Comment

• t16skyhopper
                        • Mar 2007

I'm glad u didn't go for Sony, any Sony, as for Vista, I have an LG internal as well as a Teac, which are working fine with minor speed and compatibility problems, and a LaCie external which works better with vista on Nero 6,6, Nero 7,5,1,1 and Easy media 7 and 9, it's a little costly but it sure is worth the extra pay, I've tried evey kind of empty disks from Melody to Princo to Teac to Imation to Risheng to the verry best one of all, Verbatim for single layer disks, and I'm really satisfied with Philips and Melody for dual layer disks
                        as for reading, what my LG can't read , I try on Teac, and vice versa but what both can't read on Vista or XP even after a good ol' format, LaCie can read fine, although designed mainly for Macs but it works more than fine on PC's.
                        I know it's a little less mainstream than the others but it's worth checking out:

u also might wanna check out what else they got . . .

Comment

• DVDFan1969
                          • Nov 2005

i see

well i'm glad you think my DVD Burner is a good choice. i'm proud of it as well. on the Sony thing,that's good to know. i am hoping on my next PC,which hopefully i'll be getting either next month or in May,that i'll get Vista. i'll talk to the people first on their opinion on it if if they think it will be safe enough to let me have Vista,i'll go for it. Otherwise i'll stick with XP. But maybe you have an opinion on this as well.

Comment

• t16skyhopper
                            • Mar 2007

well, as far as Shrinking and burning are concerned, Vista is fine, but just to be on the safe side, I'd suggest u format if possible, and install XP, then install Vista as a secondary system on an other partition, that way, u'll still have XP in case Vista decides not to work.
                            Please note that in order to install Vista as a secondary system, u have to run the setup of the Vista dvd from within XP, then select Custom install . . . , booting and installing Vista from the dvd directly without passing by XP will result in u'r PC going directly to Vista at the reboot without giving u the choice of system to use anymore, then u'll have to reformat if u wanna use XP again, believe me u don't want that, I'm not gonna tell u about the longest formatsssss night of my life, till I figured out how to get: "Earlier version of Windows" along with "Windows Vista Ultimate" at the reboot.
                            still after that, better have 7,5 Gb free for the "windows" folder in the Vista partition.
                            Good luck

Comment

Working...