Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • catjalapeno
    • Mar 2007

Help, newbie to burning, can't burn!!!!

This is a silly video file (.wmv) that I'm trying to copy to a disc...tried CD and DVD (figured if it's a video, it should be a DVD, right?) . Won't work. Tried Nero, says "unsupported file". Downloaded Intervideo DVD Copy, says it copied yet it won't play on the DVD-R I tried to put it on.

What am i doing wrong???? I'm so lost. Thanks for any help.
  • src2206
    • Jan 2007

Welcome to the forum.

I believe you want to make a video disc right? In that case .wmv file can not be written directly as a VCD or DVD.
    1. You need to convert your .wmv file to either MPEG1 [for VCD] or MPEG2 [for DVD].

2. After conversion, you need to author your VCD or DVD.

3. For VCD authoring Nero Express will do, though VCDEasy is far better.
    For DVD authoring you need to use DVDStyler or DVD Lab Pro.

To help you out, please let me know, what exactly you want to get, a DVD or a VCD. And I also need to see your video file's details. To do that download MediaInfo [google for the download link] and post the result of the analysis of your video file that it gives.

One more important thing:

DVD----> Digital Versatile Disc, not Digital Video Disc as many others like you wrongly assume. You can write any type of information on a DVD just like CDR. To make a video disc you must use supported file formats and then make a Video DVD structure which is known as DVD Authoring.

Comment

Working...