Clear All
  • Art Vandelay
    Digital Video Technician
    Digital Video Technician
    • Feb 2006

LG Drive GSA-H30L Opinions

@Chewy,

what do you know about this drive:

GSA-H30L light scribe made by LG I believe. I was reading online something about it being a SATA drive. I have never herd of a burner refered to as a SATA? I see some people had probles with ImgBurn burnig at 16X then went to HP for firmware update and the problems were solved. I will never burn faster than 8X.

Any info. would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    AV
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

sata is a problem, but that mobo has no ide, way to go intel

should make some interesting testing, that and killing that HP media center crud?

Comment

• Art Vandelay
      Digital Video Technician
      Digital Video Technician
      • Feb 2006

@chewy

So stay away from it? I have some problems with my present HP media center and the store has offered a Core2 Duo E6400 2.13GHZ, 2 GB DDR2, 2X300GB SATA HDDs total of 600GB nice for DVD-RB. Same video card PCI-16 in both systems.

The diff. from my present system is the extra 300GB HDD and 1 extra GN of DDR2 RAM. My present processor is a AMD Athlon X2 64 +4600 2.4GHZ 1 GB DDR2 RAM, 300GB SATA HDD, Samsung DVD-R/RW DL RAM and a DVD-ROM.

Am I better off with what I presently have? The odds of me upgrading either system is slim? What problems would I face with the mother board. what woudl I add in the future that would be a problem?

Comment

• Chewy
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2003

go for the new one

Comment

• Art Vandelay
          Digital Video Technician
          Digital Video Technician
          • Feb 2006

Please Tell Me Why

@Chewy,

Thanks you know way more than me about this stuff. I am wondering what is the problem with the mother board? What problems may I encouner down the road with no IDE. This new system with the GSA-H30L drive is a HP media center PC just newer than my present one. Like I mentioned the extra 300GB HDD is nice for DVD-RB, and an extra 1 GB DDR2 RAM can't hurt. Everything else is the same.

I looked at Tom's hardware andcompared the 2 processors and they are practically identical with the benchmarks even though the AMD 64 X2 is 2.4GHZ and the Core2 Duo E6400 is 2.13GHZ. Transcoding benchmark was 1 sec. diff for a DVD9 to a DVD5. What is your thoughts on the processors and IDE problem. I will never play a game on this PC, just everyday use/TV PVR/ and DVD ripper. You said go for it but please tell me why. I am a details freak.

Thank you very much for the help recently.

Comment

• Chewy
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2003

you answered you own question, extra hard drive gig of ram, maybe the old cpu is about burned up?

Comment

• Art Vandelay
              Digital Video Technician
              Digital Video Technician
              • Feb 2006

thanks, I do that often. LOL

Comment

Working...