X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ComputerRookie
    Jessica
    • Apr 2007

Burning a Nero Slideshow to a DVD...

Please help! My little sisters are graduating this year and I made a slideshow with audio through Nero Vision Express 3. I am actually so ridiculous that I originally tried to burn it to my Dynex CD burner until I realized it wasn't capable of burning DVD's! So then I go out and get an L.G. External "Super Multi DVD Rewriter" and a few discs that are supposedly compatable: DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-RW, DVD-RAM, CD-R, CD-RW, etc. Long story short, I've tried all of them and I keep getting an error that says my project is "not supported by this disc" and that I either need to change the disc or the "settings" of my slideshow. I've referred to Nero "help" but found that it was anything but helpful and have even messaged their support techs through their website, but still no response. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, as time is of the essence! I usually consider myself pretty computer literate but I'm going insane trying to figure this one out. Thanks again for any tips!

Also, here's some details...I'm using Nero 6:
    Sample format:
    Audio format: Stereo
    Encoding mode: Fast Encoding (1-Pass)

Number of titles: 1
    1. Slideshow (Slide Show, 0h 04m 18s, 72 pictures with audio)
    Video mode: NTSC
    Aspect ratio: 4:3
    Quality: Super long play (1150 kbps)
    Resolution: 352 x 240 (1/4 D1)
    Audio SmartEncoding ratio: 0.0 %
    Video SmartEncoding ratio: 0.0 %

Number of menus: 1
    - Main menu (1 page)
    Last edited by ComputerRookie; 10 Apr 2007, 03:45 PM.
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

welcome to the forum

when I start vision express it asks me whether I want to make a dvd video slideshow or a video cd or a super vid cd or a mini dvd?

sounds like you had nero start on the wrong project

try a blank cd

Comment

• ComputerRookie
      Jessica
      • Apr 2007

I have tried a blank CD and every other kind of disc that I have (DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-RW, DVD-RAM, CD-R, CD-RW, etc.). I have also tried making a short "test slideshow" by opening the slideshow through a "Video CD", "Super VCD", and it basically all just redirects to the same place anyway. I did try it, though, and it gave me the same error. Since I've been reading some of these help responses, I've noticed that some people are suggesting purchasing "writer software". Is that something that I should do? I mean, that's kind of what I thought I was buying when I bought the DVD burner! (You would think that since it has the capacity to burn a DVD, it would already have the capacity to "write" a DVD. Aren't they the same thing?) Anyway, my computer is recognizing my LG burning device, it's just saying that something is wrong with the disc I'm using or the settings of my project. But I've used every kind of disc listed above and switched the settings all around until my head is on the verge of exploding! Maybe since we've weeded out the disc option, you have some other advice? I really appreciate you responding - any other tips are very much appreciated!

Comment

• Chewy
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2003

download imgburn(see top of this forum)

or use cdspeed to post the disk info

we need your burner/firmware and mid code please

this should work you are missing some fundamental step

google is your friend, and it's friggin rocket science/mntinerring

not very user friendly

Comment

Working...