Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ladyraestewart
    • May 2007

Help with the New Nero 7. whatever

I had an older version of Nero and downloaded the trial version of their latest release. I'm basically a computer idiot with some of this stuff and very much a creature of habit. I back up my DVD's into an ISO format on my hard drive and have used Nero to burn them. I can't make the new version work and I can't get answers from the company that make it simple for me. I use it for one thing and one thing only. Can someone please, please, please give me some basic, very simple, 1, 2, 3 steps?

Using the old version of Nero I simply selected "Copy" that brought up a window with two scroll down menus. In the bottom I would select my file extension type, ISO that would activate the top scroll down menu and select the movie on my hard drive. After clicking OK another window opened and I merely selected my burning speed depending on what the the blank DVD in my DVD burner permitted. I told it "OK" and in about 15 to 20 minutes my movie was burned onto my DVD that I could immediately pop into my DVD player and I was done.

I have looked at the configuration, I have looked at all the various menu options and there is absolutely nothing with the new Nero that looks like anything I've used nor can I ascertain how to configure it so I can find what I need to use it.

When I contact the company they keep referring me to these ridiculous pages of literature that tell me nothing and don't help at all. I loved the older version of Nero and wish I still had it but I don't. I just want something simple to use that doesn't make me jump through hoops every time I attempt to use it. And since I don't use it all the time, if it's complicated, I won't remember from use to use. But I did with the older version of Nero because it literally involved no more than five simple, easy to see steps!

Thx
  • locoeng
    Who Farted?
    • Dec 2005

The best and easiest advice I can give you is to download and use Imgburn to burn your ISO to DVD. It is very easy to use..almost a no brainer.

ImgBurn is a lightweight CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application that everyone should have in their toolkit... and it's free!

After installation open Imgburn and go to Mode -> Burn and browse to your ISO, select your desired burn speed and click the big green arrow, kick back and wait on your nice shiney new disc. It is very easy to use and best of all it is free.

Here is a nice guide: http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?t=55424
    Last edited by locoeng; 13 May 2007, 10:54 AM. Reason: add guide link

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. It's not fair to you and no challenge for us."
    Walt Kelly

Comment

Working...