Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hacket110
    • Jun 2007

All DVD Burners Stop Writing Half Way Through

I recently bought some DVD-RW disks, and have tried many times to put files onto them (.avi, .mpg, .mpeg etc.. I tried them all) But every time, no matter what program I am using to do so, they stop working.. The 'Running Time' still goes up, but progress completely stops and thr program doesn't go into "Not Responding" 'mode'..

.. Anyone know the problem? (Note, I am currently trying to burn a mpeg file with Nero Vision, and it is stuck at "burning project to disk" with 5 seconds left on the "current progress" timer.. I have also tried to use "DVD Flick" and that program stopped (But running time still went on) at the stage of "Combining Audio and Video".. I left it running overnight, telling it to shut down when finished, but the morning after it was still at the same stage.

Can anyone help? Thanks
  • hacket110
    • Jun 2007

*Supposed to say "DVD+RW".. Keeps jamming when I try to edit the comment though..

Comment

• Chewy
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2003

welcome to the forum

you need to troubleshoot your computer and seperate operations into individual steps

start with a smaller avi/mpeg, convert over to dvd files but save to the hard drive first

play the files and check them out

Comment

Working...