X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • soup
    Just Trying To Help
    • Nov 2005

Looking for PX-810SA 1.00 firmware?

Although I flashed this drive successfully with 1.01 & wasn't smart enough to keep the old firmware, I think that the update has affected this drive in a bad way. It still works, but I don't think it is working as good as it was before the update. I have a couple of more things to check on it, but I thought I should have the older firmware just in case as a last resort, I try a flashback. I tried the site & google but could only come up with 1.01, a link would be appreciated.

• ed klein
    Banned
    • Mar 2004

I have not been at these websites in quite a while, BUT they used to have the older firmware versions, from beginning to the latest.

Ontdek bij ons slimme oplossingen die perfect aansluiten op de eisen van de moderne wereld. Wij bieden innovatieve technologieën die het leven vereenvoudigen en verbeteren.

You might also try this one.

Comment

• ed klein
      Banned
      • Mar 2004

All the websites that have firmware for the Plextor PX810SA seem to have a purpose for NOT SHOWING version 1.00 they ALL only show 1.01.

Maybe version 1.00 is buggy. Try re-powering the drive up (12V DC) from the back of the unit with firmware version 1.01 installed and re-check you jumper settings. See if you have any yellow flags in device manager associated with the PX810SA. Also, see if device manager shows firmware version 1.01 is installed on your computer.

I would also check to see if you have enabled speed read in DVD Decrypter to work with you two Plextor drives.

If you use the software program Plex Tools Professional check to see if all the options are set correctly to work with the two Plextors you have on your computer.
      Last edited by ed klein; 24 Dec 2007, 11:19 AM.

Comment

• Chewy
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2003

what was the chipset controlling the sata when you flashed and what driver was it using?

and bios setting for it?

some people report having to actually put the drives(sata) in more standard computers to get a good flash

dam can of worms

Comment

• soup
          Just Trying To Help
          • Nov 2005

@ Ed it shows PX-810SA 1.01 all the way around, no flags & unfortunately PlexTools does not kick in for this drive, won't even bitset Dvd+R.

@ Chewy it wasn't in my machine when it was flashed, but I have used it on the machine it was flashed on. It was just recently swapped over to mine.

Anyway to solve another problem I had with my SATA opticals not burning at max speed I had to uninstall all the NVIDIA drivers except display & reinstall 9.35 nForce for 32 & 64, this time installing the storage drivers that weren't installed before, I was depending on Windows. Now everything is working & like I said the flash took & the drive still works, so we will give it more of a runout & see what happens.

Thanks for the info & trying to find the firmware, it is appreciated.

Edit: I am sorry, I should have explained things better about this drive before, but I have changed so many things with my computer in the last little while, I don't know which end is up. I tried this drive on I think my machine of 2 versions ago & it did pretty good, then we put it in a machine that I test on at another location & it did pretty good, this is when it was flashed with the 1.01. Took it out of that machine & put it in this new build of mine. Nothing scientific, but I did not think it was working as well. Anyway I have reflashed the 1.01 on mine now, so we will see what happens. This is a summary of what I am running now.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by soup; 24 Dec 2007, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Working...