• soup
    Just Trying To Help
    • Nov 2005

Samsung Firmware Mini FAQ

Comment

• Chewy
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2003

Q: Can I crossflash my drive to another firmware?

A: There is a command line switch, that has to be used in order to circumvent the hardware check performed by the flash utility. For the people who know what they are doing:
      for those of you who don't know what you are doing, don't even try

Comment

• dr_ml422
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • May 2007

Originally Posted by Chewy
        you don't get this screen?
        Yes I did. It wouldn't open either the sb02 file at the firmware page or I couldn't figure how to open the zip compressed file from samsung w/the sb03 firmware.

Now I'm stuck w/winrar in my pc. I uninstalled it and ran Ccleaner and there's still .dll files it attached to. Windows wouldn't let me uninstall the folder or any other remnants. I'm ptho now. I'm not crossflashing or patching anuything. What the heck's up w/samsung?
        SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F,

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Google is definitely our friend.

Comment

• dr_ml422
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • May 2007

TSSTcorpCDDVDW SH-S203B SB01, TSSTcorpCDDVDW SH-S202J SB00. So these are oem's and can't use the firmware on the firmware page? I was pretty sure my pioneer 112d was an oem also, but I'm not positive being it came straight from them because of the recall.
          That article is informative. I was all over cd-freaks all day and didn't come across it. Anyhow where do I go from here? Wise to update if I could using the steps in that post? If there's updates to firmware it means it is upgrading something. I kind of agree w/Ed about fixing any old bugs and maybe dealing w/new ones. Catch 22. What's your best suggestion on this one? Kinda heavy duty stuff here when it doesn't come off like intended to. Thnx.

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Comment

• dr_ml422
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • May 2007

Ok so I finally have the info on how to install the samsung dvd writer firmware. I'm holding off as nothing's really an issue except the regular write lead-in which is a bit slow and the chosen write speed which will fluctuate and not stay steady for the most part. Downloaded 7zip for future opening of zip files and the firmware if needed.

Will do my best search for a complete removal of winrar. Update soon. Thnx.

Completely got rid of winrar. Cclean took care of it today. Seems after I turned off my pc and logged on today it was able to get the .dll files that windows was preventing me from.
            Last edited by dr_ml422; 2 Apr 2008, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Working...