Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

sony cd-r's are the next best thing to verbatim, but Taiyo's are by far the best

Every now and then verbatim sl's go on sale at office max, do a little scouting and make sure they have the mit, best is the older packaging non-neon's, even verbatim has gone to hell in a handbasket

the best disks were made 2-3 years ago by TY, verbatim in singapore and tawain and even ricoh in tawain

mass production has adulterated quality

Comment

• dr_ml422
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • May 2007

I've seen them at office max. Not at a reasonable price at the time. I think but not sure that staples or best buy carry them. mit=made in taiwan, or manufacturer identification tag? media id can't be as you need to load it in imgburn or some other burning proggie to see it.

It's good that you pointed out that the sony cd-r's are good cause I was letting the fact that my 112d had issues w/them doubt them a little. good info for newbies to not let the burner always decide what's the better media.
      SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F,

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Google is definitely our friend.

Comment

• Chewy
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2003

when buying verb sl's look for the older style packaging, vs new neon look, feet on the L and K letters in lock and made in tawain

all 16 dvd + or - r's that verbatim makes have the same mid, they are manufactured by cmc mag and prodisc? in tawain and MBI in India

verbatim used to make them in singapore in their own plant but afaik they just do DL there now and maybe blu-ray

Comment

• locoeng
          Who Farted?
          • Dec 2005

mit = mutilation, intimidation & trepidation

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. It's not fair to you and no challenge for us."
          Walt Kelly

Comment

• dr_ml422
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • May 2007

Wow. HP isn't even under the crappy media list in blu's media guide link. Those were the worst i ever used. I caught a lot of work early as I mentioned b4 and transfered them over to TYs. Some just plain disintegrated. I heard but am not sure that the prodiscs weren't that bad. They for the most part make maxell, and sell themselves as prodisc elsewhere. A friend mentioned costco's carried them. CMC is garbage afaik.

MBI? google came up w/some corp. that manufactures many products? Or just short 4 maybe?

Never seen the verbs packaging that close to notice the word lock and the feet thing. I'll check this out asaic.

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Comment

• Chewy
              Super Moderator
              • Nov 2003

Older style verb dvd+r made by cmc mag were some of the better disks made, I think they are the ones with the feet on the LOCK, often the prodisc made ones can be just as good

MBI(Moser Baer India) can be good for SL but iffy for DL

Comment

• dr_ml422
                Lord of Digital Video
                Lord of Digital Video
                • May 2007

Prodisc made ones like maxell and themselves? Or did they make verbs also? I didn't memorize the media code chart. thnx for confirming the prodiscs they're sometimes on sale for about $25 or so at costcos. Not too bad.

Comment

• Chewy
                  Super Moderator
                  • Nov 2003

cmc mag makes good disks for verbatim, hit or miss disks for some other(memorex) and some crap like HP's

it's a crap shoot

Comment

• dr_ml422
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    • May 2007

Now I guess it's a double edge sword. Crap shoot 4 disks and w/the burners 2. Oh well it's all going to hell in a handbasket or at least getting crazier by the day.
                    Last edited by dr_ml422; 12 Sep 2008, 02:10 AM. Reason: new additional info.

Comment

Working...