Nero 'session fixation error' - overwritten session?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • broaser7492
    • Dec 2008

Nero 'session fixation error' - overwritten session?

Hi,

I have a problem that I wasn't able to find a solution for...

I have started a multisession DVD on a Pioneer DVR-106D drive, successfully added two sessions and left the disc unclosed so I could add further sessions.
    However, when I tried to add the next session on an LG GH22LP20 drive (now I know that I shouldn't have done that), Nero wasn't able to finish the burning and quit with a 'Session fixation error'.

When I tried to read back the DVD, it seemed to be unreadable. I have tried a variety of CD/DVD recovery programs but I could retrieve only the _first_ session.
    Observing the back of the DVD, to me it seems that Nero started to overwrite the second session (as the writing isn't continuous, there is a 'gap'):

The media used was a blue TDK DVD-R:

The software I use for burning is Nero 6.0.0.11.
    I attached the Nero log.
    The drive is functioning properly as I have burned numerous multisession DVDs with it before and after this one and the error is not returning.

I'd like to ask that is there a way to retrieve data from this disk (the overwritten second session), or at least the filenames?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you!
    -broaser
    Attached Files
    Last edited by broaser7492; 4 Dec 2008, 02:56 PM.
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

Looking at the log and the disk, it would seem the burn failed almost immediatley, and
    nero didn't even see the first session

I don't burn multisession data dvd's, optical media is not that safe a backup solution and
    blanks are so cheap I don't hesitate to use more when needed

If you ran some transfer rate tests you might find that old pioneer not doing a very good job with those blanks

Comment

• broaser7492
      • Dec 2008

Hmm... thanks for the reply!
      In the meantime, I'm trying to grab the whole DVD into an image file with IsoHunt (it goes very slowly) and then try to look for lost files. I'll post the results.

Comment

Working...