Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • allentron
    • Dec 2001

playback problem on K6-2

When I playback any kind of dvd or vob through any kind of software it skips until my system freezes.

I've even gone through the "format and re-install" process.

is this normal for k6-2 systems?

i have all the latest drivers as of this date.

My system is as follows...
    AOpen AX59pro (via mvp3) latest bios
    K6-2 500
    256mb pc-133
    geforce2mx
    TBeach Montego A3DXtream (Aureal vortex1)

I use CPU to PCI latency at 0 and Memory interleave enabler (they both help a bit)
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"When I playback any kind of dvd or vob through any kind of software it skips until my system freezes."

Specifically, what software players have you tried?

Comment

• Schlehr
      • Jan 2002

I have a similar system. AMD k6 2-450, 256 Mb PC133 Dimms(run at pc100)TNT2 video with 32MB,Aureal Vortex AU8810, ALi chipset motherboard that supports UDMA66. My problems is DVD playback is choppy (lost frames?) hardly comparable to the player in my entertainment system. The install recommended enabling DMA. Once enabled, the DVD drive would hang and almost always force a reset.
      DMA can be enabled on the hard drive and CD-ROM but not the DVD.
      DVD Digest- Fix General Problems column has a recommendation to disable Ultra DMA in the bios for the DVD. This supposedly cured the choppy playback and allowed DMA to be enabled in the control panel, but on my system playback is still choppy. It seems like whatever gains are made enabling DMA in the control panel are lost when disabling UDMA33 in the bios.
      My playback is still not acceptable.

Comment

Working...