X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jilim
    • Sep 2002

DVD software can't play certain DVD?

Hi....

I'm facing some problems over here and dunno whether anyone of u face this kind of problem before...

I bought some DVD(code 9), but when i use my PowerDVD or Window MEdia Player to play it....it fails. It shows "Data Error(cyclic redundancy)"

so i try to view the content of the disk at Window Explorer and it return all the files with files size 0kb......

did anyone of u faces this kind of error before?.....

regards,
    Jilim^
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

1) If they are pirated DVDs, you never know what you're getting

2) Try cleaning the DVDs

3) Try playing the DVds on a standalone DVD player hooked up to a television

Comment

• jilim
      • Sep 2002

i did tried on a standalone dvd player and it works. but by cleaning the dvd does it help?
      Besides that, does all dvd software support DVD Code 3, 5 & 9 format? and i'm running on Win XP Pro and problem related to it?

thanx...

Comment

• squarehippies
        • Sep 2002

I think your DVd is pirated. They can be layed on TV but not on PC. Some Pirated DVD that has DVD-ROM features definitely cannot be layed on a DVD drive. Ask you pirate if you're not sure .

Hint: Try buying original DVDs.

Comment

• dogboy73
          • Oct 2002

I had a similar problem recently where 1 of my region 2 DVD's (The Third Man) that played okay would not play once I had flashed my DVD drive with new firmware to make it multi-region. All of my other DVD's (regions 1 & 2) worked fine after I had flashed the drive.

I downloaded a demo of the power DVD software & it worked okay with this. I was using (Leadtek) Winfast DVD software that worked pefefectly before with all my DVD titles.

So it might be worth trying some different software DVD palyers especially as the DVD's your trying to play work okay on a standalone player.

Anyone know of any good freeware DVD players? I don't really want to pay out for power DVD for the sake of one stubborn DVD.

Comment

Working...