Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dule
    • Apr 2002

Samsung sd-616 e101 region-free

Did anyone ever made Samsung DVD-ROM SD616F E101 region free??? I tried flashing and I read every possible guide there is on the net about this, but couldn't make it region free. Is there anyone who knows something about this?
  • JHM007
    • Sep 2002

I have to admitt that samsung DVD ROMs are the worst when they come to deliver trouble!!!!

I wish that I have any solution to your problem, but in the particular case with the samsungs.....I can only wish you good luck!, Now why have I said that, Well, I explain!!!!

I have a 616T with me, which locked on me a week ago, and God only knows with how much toils and troubles, I had went thru these last 7 days, trying to find any solutions, falshing firmwares, downloading both the original and the patched software, But as you have probably guessed, without any luck, untill today, lady luck hit me by surprise!!!!!

I came home and with a hopeless heart, turned my PC on, and you can guess what had happened to me when I opened up my windows explorer and found that my so assumed dead drive is reading all the files out the DVD it has in it since a week ago....

The last thing which I remembered doing to it, and which ended up at that time, quiet unsuccessful, was the same flashing of one of the firmware software from Samsung, and which had proved to be of no use at that time when I checked it, But today, I dunno what happened inside my drive, I can only say that somehow my drive has a digestive problem and it had took it a day to swollow up and digest the firmware i had flashed into it a day back......

So now I guess you know what is it mean when I say GOODLUCK TO YOU ALL HAVING A SAMSUNG DVD!!!!!!

So If you are lucky, may be giving it a day or two for digestion, who knows, you will be back on your feet as I do.

JHM

Oh and By the way, I wanna say my sincere thanks to joegib
    who's reply in one of the querries in the DVD forum had really helped shading some light onto the Samsung DVD and the firmware matter.....

Comment

• JHM007
      • Sep 2002

I have to admitt that samsung DVD ROMs are the worst when they come to deliver trouble!!!!

I wish that I have any solution to your problem, but in the particular case with the samsungs.....I can only wish you good luck!, Now why have I said that, Well, I explain!!!!

I have a 616T with me, which locked on me a week ago, and God only knows with how much toils and troubles, I had went thru these last 7 days, trying to find any solutions, falshing firmwares, downloading both the original and the patched software, But as you have probably guessed, without any luck, untill today, lady luck hit me by surprise!!!!!

I came home and with a hopeless heart, turned my PC on, and you can guess what had happened to me when I opened up my windows explorer and found that my so assumed dead drive is reading all the files out the DVD it has in it since a week ago....

The last thing which I remembered doing to it, and which ended up at that time, quiet unsuccessful, was the same flashing of one of the firmware software from Samsung, and which had proved to be of no use at that time when I checked it, But today, I dunno what happened inside my drive, I can only say that somehow my drive has a digestive problem and it had took it a day to swollow up and digest the firmware i had flashed into it a day back......

So now I guess you know what is it mean when I say GOODLUCK TO YOU ALL HAVING A SAMSUNG DVD!!!!!!

So If you are lucky, may be giving it a day or two for digestion, who knows, you will be back on your feet as I do.

JHM

Oh and By the way, I wanna say my sincere thanks to joegib
      who's reply to one of the querries in the DVD forum had really helped shading some light onto the Samsung DVD and the firmware matter.....

Comment

Working...