Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • squarehippies
    • Sep 2002

The DVD's Aspect Ratio Change

I have WinDVD in my PC and I use Windows XP. The best player I like, however, beside the modern Windows Media Player 8 that came with XP, is the classic Media Player 6.4. I notice even though it is really really simple but it plays almost any file format. One thing that confuses me is when I play a DVD movie in WinDVD, all of the image looks just fine, no vertical stretch but when I try to play is in Media Player 6.4 manually, the image looks like it's have been vertically stretch. The video size in Media Player is 720x480, which is I think standard for DVD but why WinDVD make it possible to change the aspect ratio to a wider version and make the image look normal? Or is it my screen resolution? I currently use 1280x1024. Sorry about the long description. I know they're all crap since I know very few about tech thingy.
  • weezul
    • Sep 2002

dvds contain information an how to display that size video (like 16:9 widescreen, 4:3 normal and so on. It will look stretched as this information is not being read by Windows Media Player, and is just being outputted direct

ope it elpz
    wzl
    -------------------------------
    were you expecting a signature?

Comment

Working...