Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BrokenNails
    • Oct 2002

Can I reset this counter?

I have an ASUS 616 DVD-ROM so my manufacturer counter can be reset using the power-off-push-both-buttons technique described elsewhere.

My problem is that I am using AsusDVD for my player (it came bundled with the drive) and I cannot seem to reset the region counter using DVD Genie.
    I read in the history readme that Asus recently changed from basing their player on WinDVD to PowerDVD. The WinDVD tab in Genie says that it is compatible with AsusDVD v1.2 or v1.3. The PowerDVD tab says that it is compatible with AsusDVD 2000.

I have AsusDVD v3.0

Pressing the WinDVD version button in Genie says I have 3.0.55.5, while the PowerDVD tab doesn't appear to detect anything (I see 'Key: not found' and 'EXE version: unknown' messages).

Anyone have any ideas on how I can reset the region counter in this particular version?

Any help is much appreciated...
  • fengtao
    • Mar 2002

Hi BrokenNails,

All you need is the soft "DVD Region-Free".

It allows you to watch all region DVDs on your region-locked DVD drive.

You needn't hack DVD drive (flash firmware) which is sometimes dangerous, useless or unavailable.

DVD Region-Free also disable region check for popular software-based DVD players such as PowerDVD, WinDVD and CinePlayer.

Other features include Region-Free for RCE DVDs, Macrovision-Free, Operation-Free, Direct-Play main title and run self at DVD players startup automatically.

You can download it at http://www.dvdidle.com/download/DVDRegionFree12.exe

Best Regards,
    Fengtao
    Last edited by fengtao; 2 Nov 2002, 11:25 PM.
    DVD Region+CSS Free - Remove any DVD copy protection, such as Region, CSS, Sony ARccOS, etc.
    DVDFab - DVD copy software, copy DVD to DVDR perfectly!
    DVDIdle - Extend lifetime of your DVD drive!
    http://www.dvdidle.com/

Comment

Working...