Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nic
    • Oct 2002

Strange problems with my Pioneer DVD 106s

I used fupw2k_108 to flash my 106s with the dvd106_122rpc1 firmware that i found on http://kickme.to/dvd105s . The flash seamd to work, I turned off my computer, started it and it sas that the DVD has the 1.22 firmware (witch I dident have before so the drive is updated).

It can read DVDs just fine and works in aevery outher way as well, but driveinfo11 and CDVDinfo tells me that my drive isent regionfree. I have also triedto use the dvd106rpc1 firmware as well but that dident work either.

DVD Region Killer is not activated.

What should I do?
  • xerx
    • Oct 2002

Looks like Im not alone...
    I have the same problem. I tried flashin a few times from both windows and dos mode, and it does not work at all. The flash completed successfully, but driveinfo and cdvd show region protection is still on(after I close dvdgenie and region killer). Dvdgenie too, show that the drive is still region locked (rpc2).

Since I have a newer version of the drive (model DVD-106SZ), could I use the older 1.09 firmware which works for so many people??

Comment

• nic
      • Oct 2002

My drive seamed to have a will of it own, I flashed it once again and puttdet it in my friends computer and gues what, it was region free.

And the best of it all is that its now region free eaven in my computer.

Comment

• xerx
        • Oct 2002

I think I already found the solution to my problem. Actually the drive is region free after the flash, but due to my mistake enabling the region killer software which emulates RPC2, it fools detection tools such as driveinfo and dvd genie into believing that its region locked. Thus disabling the region killer give me exactly what I want... detected as no region lock.

Comment

Working...