Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Domovoi
    • Nov 2002

Setting language with PowerDVD 3.0?

I'm having a problem playing back certain DVDs on my PC with PowerDVD 3.0. Some DVDs were released in Dutch/French, like both Star Wars DVDs. Now, when I play them on my TV, the menus and sound are in English, which is good. However, when I play it on my PC, the menus are in French, and the movie is dubbed in French, which is not good.

Apparently this happens on other people's players, too, and the solution to it is to change the "language" settings of your player to English instead of Dutch.

However... Where on earch do you change this in PowerDVD? Or is it a Windows setting, perhaps?

Anyone got an idea?
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

The language setting should be available from the DVD's own menu (either "Setup" or "Languages")...

(I'm not personally familiar with PowerDVD. However, in WinDVD, a rightclick in the middle of the movie brings up a floating menu, which includes "Languages")

Comment

• Domovoi
      • Nov 2002

That's not entirely what I meant. I can set the sound track to english, yes, but the DVD doesn't remember that, so it's played in French again the next time I start it. What's more, this still doesn't change the fact that the menus are all still in French.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

The DVDs must have their default setting set to French. You'll just have to select a different setting each time...

Comment

Working...