X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JasonWidrick
    • Dec 2002

in SERIOUS need of help!!!

Okay,
    So I'm new to the Divx thing...So please be gentle. I got the Nimo codec bundle off of Kazaa, and installed it....but I'm having problems. My system is a Pentium II, 128MB of Ram, Rage pro video card, and with roadrunner has worked nicely so far. But when I installed the Nimo codec, it my playback went crazy....I have lots of screen flicker (not on the video, that's crystal clear, but on everything else on the screen, audio's fine, too). I can't make any of the videos full screen size, and my lack of technical knowledge on this one is driving me nuts. When I download videos off of Kazaa, and try to play them back in the media player there, same flickering, same problems, and when I hit the full screen button, the image gets placed on the left side center of the screen and nowhere else...I'm running Win 98SE, and I can't seem to fix this (expletive or two deleted) thing. Any help would be great. Thanks a lot in advance.
    Jay.

• setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"But when I installed the Nimo codec, it my playback went crazy"

What prompted you to install the Nimo codec "pack" ( it is far more than just one codec)? Were you able to play the videos properly before installing this? If so, uninstall it. If not, what problem(s) did you have?

You should only install specific codec and/or filters that you KNOW you require for proper playback...

(Gentle enough? ;>})

Comment

• JasonWidrick
      • Dec 2002

well color me stupid......

Thank you for your help....

...So how do you know which codecs and audio filters to use for which movies (besides going to this fine site for the answers ) ?

...I believe that one good turn deserves another. Go to this site: www.actsofgord.com...it's a psychotic video game store owner in British Columbia, Canada, who has made himself a god and has chronicled his adventures on this site...I laughed so hard through all of it I nearly pissed myself. Enjoy! ...and thanks again...

Jay.

See you around

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

Working...