Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cathyc
    • Dec 2001

Capturing Screen Images

I'm trying to capture a screen image from a stopped DVD movie. The WinDVD instructions say to type P and it will be sent to a bmp file. I've tried this, but nothing happens. I have also tried SnagIt! which offers a hot key shortcut. When I do this, the preview shows the image perfectly, but when I save it, it's a solid dark color. The instructions say to disable hardware acceleration. I go into display settings and set it to None, reboot, but get the same results. Any suggestions?

Thanks.
  • khp
    The Other
    • Nov 2001

Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
    http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

"The WinDVD instructions say to type P and it will be sent to a bmp file. I've tried this, but nothing happens"

First of all, DON'T stop the DVD.

Second, you say that, "nothing happens". How have you determined that? WinDVD saves the .BMP files in a sub-directory, of the WinDVD directory, named either "Capture" or Images".

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• cathyc
        • Dec 2001

I was trying to get a specific frame. I'll try it with the DVD playing next time. I did a search for *.bmp and whatever it said the first three unique letters were, i.e. cap*.bmp. Maybe I should have looked in the subdirectory instead. It's at a client's, so I'll try it the next time I'm there and report back. Thanks so much for the suggestion.

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

My pleasure ;>}

(Watching DVDs on a client's PC - interesting...)

Comment

• cathyc
            • Dec 2001

Not that interesting! My client wants to use shots from videos in his eBay ads.

Comment

• setarip
              Retired
              • Dec 2001

I was just kidding - sorry, I thought it was obvious (I guess not)

Comment

Working...