X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ifoam
    • Jan 2003

geforce2 tv-out problem

heya i just got a geforce 2 a day ago
    i have been messing around trying to figure out how to display a movie on the tv in full screen while still being able to work on the monitor doing something else?
    can this even be done?
    thank you
  • ifoam
    • Jan 2003

i also got another problem..it tells me the bus type is AGP in PCI mode...whats up with this? do you know how to get out of this?

Comment

• xvid
      • Jan 2003

I have a gforce 2.

It displays full screen when watching vids with power dvd. Displays full screen on tv and proper widescreen on monitor. No big deal but I can still work on programs on top of open window on monitor.
      As to your pci agp prob. Mines AGP sos Is never seen that.
      Cheers

Comment

• bobbystill
        • Aug 2002

maybe you have the card in the wrong slot?
        is it an agp or a pci card.

I know a few people w/ tv out cards.
        w/ win2kpro and xp you can set up nview to clone. and get the same pic on tv and monitor, while being able to use the mouse with both at the same time.
        However winMe does not seem to do this. when you switch to tv the monitor goes black. The text will be hard to read so remember how to get back.
        Im not sure about 95 or 98.

Comment

• chickeneater
          Digital Video Expert
          Digital Video Expert
          • Apr 2002

i also got another problem..it tells me the bus type is AGP in PCI mode...
          well, when you start up your computer it will say press a certain key to enter bios, usually the del key or f8... something like that.
          from there in the BIOS there should be an ide/peripherals list, or a video thing. i am assumng that your older video card was PCI, switch the pci to agp, and press f10. making sure that you DID NOT DO ANYTHING ELSE! as the BIOS runs your computer and makes it operable. i had a very similar issue switching from PCI to AGP, and after i did that it was working.
          FFDShow filters
          Guliverkli's Media Player Classic

Comment

• chickeneater
            Digital Video Expert
            Digital Video Expert
            • Apr 2002

maybe you have the card in the wrong slot?
            no, agp is keyed so that it would especially not fit into a pci, most likely it would ruin the connectors and not work. even if it could fit, pci wouldnt read the video bios, thus not even a little picture at all. none. nada. zilch. this happened to me, but in a different situation, vary sad days...
            FFDShow filters
            Guliverkli's Media Player Classic

Comment

Working...