Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • feggy
    • Dec 2002

DVD-r Playback Problems

I used my brand new Pioneer A05-with the pioneer dvd-r that came with it I backed up my movie Kalifornia. I used DVDxcopy (pretty simple, but as I found out now there are free ways to do this). When it came time to burn I used the nero engine within the program to burn it. I have nero's most recent update. My dvd standalone player is philips 623, which at VCDhelp says it should play dvd-r's. The backup plays on the pioneer A05 drive, my other computer dvd-rom drive, but in the standalone player (philips) the word play comes on but there is nothing but black screen. No buttons work on the remote either.

Any help?
    Thanks Feggy
  • TonyNap
    • Jan 2003

Sorry I don't have the answer to your question. But I have the same problem, and thought maybe you found a solution on your own. It didn't make much sense posting the same question. I have an AO5 also and a Philips 704 stand alone player. I don't think it's our players. I think it has to do with the burning process. I'm using roxio ezcd creator. I'm not familiar with nero. When I burn all Im doing is writing the file to the dvd-r. My copy plays just like any other dvd title in the pioneer AO5. In my player I get nothing but the philips start up screen. If you don't know I hope someone answers us.

Tony Nap

Comment

• TonyNap
      • Jan 2003

plays fine on dvd rom of Dell laptop. Maybe it is our players?

Tony Nap

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

You ARE putting all of the files into a folder named "Video_ts", aren't you?

Comment

• TonyNap
          • Jan 2003

yes. I've been using ezcd creator to burn the dvd is that my problem? I'm trying gear pro as I write this, maybe that will work.

Comment

• omadawn
            • Jun 2002

My problem is even more comlpicaded, i bought a copy of a DVD MOVIE burned in a DVD-R (have no idea how it was made...) and i can't even open it in my combo TOSHIBA DVD-ROM SD-R2102 Player...

wasn't it suppose to play in all yhe PC's DVD players?

help

Comment

• TonyNap
              • Jan 2003

It seams to be that my problem was the software i was using to write the final dvd. I needed to use nero or gear pro or others. Software must be disgned to write (iso/udf) dvd video. I your case it might be this or the media. If the person knew what they were doing that made the disk for you, then your player just doesn't like the blank he used.
              try it in another player.

Tony

Comment

• kingofsnake
                • Nov 2002

I have 2 standalone players, an LG and a Yamada, the Yamada would play all DVD-Rs I had tried in it, but the LG seemed a lot more fussy and would only play some DVD-Rs.(not the ones created by me using SpruceUp.)
                The other day I burned a new DVD-R created in SpuceUp by me, popped it in the Yamada and it didn't work, popped it in the LG and it worked no problem. The exact opposite from the situation before.
                Q. What had changed?
                A. Nero I had upgraded to the latest version.

Since this incident I have uninstalled Nero and use Prassi or RecordNow Max and all DVD-Rs work no problem on both players now.

So for all these months the compatibility problems have been caused by the burning program "Nero".
                You would not beleive how many times I tried different authoring software etc; trying to overcome compatability problems.

So throw away Nero and try something else, you may be pleasently surprised.

Comment

• ronschmidt
                  • Jan 2003

The bigest problem you have is the media. Not all media will work in all palyers. I have had great luck with the Ritek dvd-r's. You might try buying a combo pack on the net with several brands. I've wasted a lot of media until I came upon these. So far they play on every machine I have tried.

Comment

• dallas80
                    • Jan 2003

from what i know, Phillip dvd player does not support dvd-r. It supports dvd+r, dvd+rw.

Comment

Working...