Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jaster150
    • Jan 2003

Video a few seconds behind sound...

HELP.... Whenever I try to watch a movie, it works fine unless I fast forward or jump to a new spot in the movie. If I do this the sound works but the video is a few seconds behind it(or vice versa, the video is fine but the sound is fast, I'm not really sure)

Also, on an unrelated note, sometimes when I'm watching a movie I'll suddenly get a RunTime error and DivX closes... not sure what to do about that.

I'm running DivX 2.0 with (I believe) up to date codecs on a WinXP platform. Also the particular movie is in .avi format.

Thanx a lot
    -Matt

P.S. I did later see that similar posts were put up earlier so I will try some of the suggested programs but will these work assuming that the playback is fine from start to finish normally?
    Last edited by Jaster150; 5 Jan 2003, 03:03 PM.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Try the far more reliable Windows Media Player v.6.4 (From your desktop, click on Start>>Run, type MPLAYER2.EXE to install)

Comment

• rumi
      • Jan 2003

Similar problem

I made a DivX from DvD ripped files (PAL 25fps) using FlaskMpeg.Initially when i set the output video to 25fps the entire movie's audio and video was out of synch!Then i changed the fps to 23.96 and the movie worked fine PROVIDED you didn't slide ahead or back into the movie.If you did that the audio and video become out of synch.I have Windows XP and use Windows MediaPLayer 8.0.But the same thing also happens with the DivX Player.I have no idea what's going on but i understand that audio/video synch problems are very common when making divX movies.Othe threads on this forum talk about using various utilities like VirtualDub to fix the problem,but the difficulty i've found with virtual dub is that the documentation to help newcomers to get started is non-existent!! Ideally there needs to be a manual incuding screenshots which explain all the steps detailing which buttons to click and when.

Comment

• Batman
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Jan 2002

Rumi, as Setarip suggested, have you tried wmp 6.4? If not, give it a try.

Comment

Working...