Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rolling Monkey
    • Jan 2003

Risk of making drive region-free?

"Bad flashing could destroy your drive definitively. Read carefully the installation notes of your firmware before you upgrade. The Firmware Page and the drive manufacturer can't be responsable on REMEMBER: This is at your own risk!!!!"

The above text is what I found as a warning of what could happen if I used software to make my drive region free. I've downloaded the right version for the software, but haven't used it yet.

I mean, look at the warning! Destroy my drive? How? Is it safe to do this in that case?

Please, some advice!
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

Any of the below can render your drive useless:
    1. You flash it with the wrong firmware (which is meant for other drives or models)
    2. Your system is powered down in the middle of flashing

Taking precautions against the above and by ensuring that everything is correct before you proceed should see you through the "region-freeing" process.

Comment

• wise1080
      • Jan 2003

just make sure it is the right firmware for you drive and you don't hit the power off during the flashing process and you should be fine

What type of drive do you have?

Comment

• Rolling Monkey
        • Jan 2003

Don't worry, it's all good. My drive made it through the process, and it works fine now. Now I just need a new gfx card... Anyway, I have a Ricoh MP9060A (CD-RW+DVD-ROM).

Cheers
        RM

Comment

Working...