X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Greg2k
    • Jan 2003

COPY REGION-PROTECTED DVDs

Hi there, first post. Here we go

Godwilling, in less than a week's time I'll have a spanking new Sony DRU500A sitting comfortably in my PC. And since you people know a lot about DVD burning and stuff, I'd like to ask you a question:

I have the movie HEAT in Region 1, but I live in Europe, and therefore, use Region 2 DVD players. I've tried patching my Hitachi GD-5000 but my PC always hangs up when I want to change to region-free mode. I want to know if I can get my Sony DRU500A to make a copy of the Region 1 DVD without the region code. It's a pain because I know there's a lot of transcoding (or whatever you call it) things that won't let you make a backup of a movie (I legitimately own) on a standard 4,7GB DVD-R (or other DVD media).

Thanks for reading my plea. Hope I get this sorted, or I'll just have to ILLEGALLY download the DivX movie off the net. Stupid regions shouldn't have been invented in the first place!

Greg2k
  • Sefy
    • Feb 2003

Ever heard of DVD Region Killer ? it's one of the best (and free) programs for handling all the region shmegion issues
    Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,
    Certified Computer Technician.

Comment

Working...