Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Woody
    • Jan 2002

dvd playback problems

My daughter bought me a DVD movie for Christmas and for some reason I'm getting an error message when I try to play it. I've played other DVD movies on my computer before with no problem whatsoever. I know that the movie itself is ok because I took it over to my girlfriend's house and it played without a hitch. The error message that comes up is "Resmngr caused an invalid page fault in module CINMST32.DLL at 017f:4b0690AL." A couple of times I could get the movie to go as far as bringing up the FBI warning that they show at the very beginning of a movie but after about two seconds, the error message would appear. Other times, I couldn't even get as far as the FBI warning...the error message simply appeared. I have a Gateway 550 mhz computer, 128 mb of RAM and a 21 gb hard drive. The DVD player is a 6X Toshiba SD-M1212. I am running Windows 98. I would appreciate any help you may be able to offer. Thank you very much.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"I know that the movie itself is ok because I took it over to my girlfriend's house and it played without a hitch"

On a PC or a standalone DVD player?

If on a PC, is the same DVD software being used?

Comment

• Woody
      • Jan 2002

I'm going to show my stupidity here. I know that I have a Toshiba DVD player in my pc but how do I find out what software is actually running the DVD player? Once I find out the answer to that, I will compare the software that is running my girlfriend's DVD player. She has a Gateway pc also. What I don't understand is that I've played a bunch of DVD's in the past with no problem at all and now all of a sudden, I have this problem.

Comment

• k4vm
        • Jan 2002

I installed a DVD drive in my new gateway, and it too plays some DVD's fine, and others just stutter and flash. No movie. No error message. Maybe Gateway has some unique problems??

Comment

Working...