Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Judestudio
    • Mar 2003

DVD sounds but no image

I've recently installed an Asus E616 DVD-Rom to my computer. But when I try to play DVD movies with it, the best it achieves is getting sounds but NO IMAGE.

I've got a nVidia TNT2-M64 Pro video card on Win XP system. I used to have my computer completely frozen and automatically restarted. But I recently also downloaded the latest driver (41.09) to patch for the problem, and the problem was kind of solved, most programs worked fine under XP now, however, when I play DVDs, I can still only get sounds, but no image.

Can anyone please kindly tell me what's happening to my computer?

Thanks in advance!
    Judes
  • SKD_Tech
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2003

I would roll back the driver for you NVIDIA I had a lot of problems with the 41.09 driver. A image wouldn't even show for the desktop so in hence I had to boot in safe mode and all of that really fun stuff. I would roll back the driver and that should get your picture back. What programs did you need the patch for because I am running off an older version of the driver and haven't had any problems yet!! Hope it works out for ya

SKD_Tech

Comment

• Judestudio
      • Mar 2003

My computer used to freeze whenever I try to run any movie clips and TV-tuner program, but now I'm able to use the TV-tuner, although only limited to preview mode and not overlay mode.

Same happens to the movie clips when I try to run with Windows Media Player, I have to disable the overlay mode in order to view clips properly.

My most current problem is that when I try to run DVD movies using Windows Media Player or PowerDVD or AsusDVD programs, I can only hear sounds but no video image. I'm not sure whether it's compatibility problems with the video card, or with WinXP...

Thanks for the previous message though!! I really appreciate!

Judes

Comment

• SKD_Tech
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Jan 2003

Make sure these features are disabled.

Hardware Decode Acceleration
        and
        Hardware Color Acceleration

Comment

• Judestudio
          • Mar 2003

Dear SKD_Tech,

Thanks for the advise, I've just tried them out, disabled them, but the problem is still there...

Which driver version did you use? Maybe I should give it a try as well.

Thanks!
          Judes

Comment

• SKD_Tech
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • Jan 2003

Here is what mine says
            Attached Files

Comment

• SKD_Tech
              Lord of Digital Video
              Lord of Digital Video
              • Jan 2003

Also you could go to the Nivida driver properties and click roll back driver if you are running Windows XP

Comment

Working...