• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vic102482
    Platinum Member
    Platinum Member
    • Jan 2002

Desperatly needing help

Okay first off I desperate very, very desperate. I bought a dvd burner that burns dvd-rs not +r but just -r and i ripped fast and the furious and tomcats <---- hilarious!! to my harddrive i ripped the ifo file that belonged to the 0.99 gig files also and i ripped to my harddrive and somemmore stuff. Okay i can see the movie fine on my computer because the 40 bit code has been broken by the ripper program .....greedy backstabbing hollywood...... the movie is perfect no menus or anything but playback and sound nothing less that perfect, okay im thinkin since i have the burn done, like gravy....i got it all smothered BUT!! and that is a big but i burn to the dvd-r and that TOO!!! plays back in my computer with DVD QUALITY AND SOUND nooooo problemo perfect GREAT ALL THAT GOOD STUFF but i put it in my DVD player (KLH)<--- manufacturer and i get a FREGGIN disk error - I went to the site and like 95% of all dvd players can read dvd-r and like 60 dvd-rw and i went and my EXACT model of dvd player has been tested by sony and they say compatibility = green go ahead, so i burn to a cd-rw just for the heck and waddaya know picture....but no sound all i want is to be able to steal dvd movies from hollywood, is that too much to ask? (oh i used nero and the burn software that came with teh burner and no diffrence at all, i left them as vbo.files also)any help would be greatly appreciated im hurting really bad here i need some help( i was wondering if it was because of something in the burn process?)
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"so i burn to a cd-rw just for the heck and waddaya know picture....but no sound"

What you're saying doesn't appear to make sense. If all you did was rip (no conversion/compression to Divx, etc) the DVD movie .VOBs, there's no way you put that entire movie onto one CD.

Comment

• ama03
      • Jan 2002

I have backed up several dvd's on cd-r by using 2 programs I downloaded from the web. Program 1 does all the ripping decodeing and converting into divix and program 2 will split the decoded video into 2 parts to put on 2 cd-r's. It also does all the audio. Every dvd has come out great. Try RipPack v 3 Beta155 and virtual dub

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

To ama03

"and converting into divix"

You are "preaching to the choir. I am VERY MUCH aware of DivX (read some of my postings at these forums.

"vic102482" is NOT referring to DivX, but rather to FULL DVDs.

Comment

Working...