• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vic102482
    Platinum Member
    Platinum Member
    • Jan 2002

i need help

I bought a bruner i copyed some movies to harddrive movies work fine in harddrive and play with no problems, i burn to dvd-r and i get disk error in dvd player, i then burn to cd-r/w i get picturee with no sound i left it as a vob. file and when i put cd in computer picture with sound came up im thinking maybe i shopud convert to mepeg2 and burn to dvd and place in standalone dvd player, i was wondering if i burn to mpeg2 that is a svcd but on a dvd will dvd players have a hard time addressing this? and i still need help with the previous post
  • Thrawn
    • Jan 2002

many many questions and i didnt understand what exactly was your problem at all

u told that u made VCD u wanted to play on a DVD player.
    which format did your VCD have? did u have a mpeg1-file? did u burn it with special burning software that allowed u to make VCD out of mpeg1-files?

to mpeg2:
    Only latest DVD players support this format. Maybe u should search a site which shows which ones, i never looked for one.
    The Grandadmiral was here!

Comment

• Thrawn
      • Jan 2002

which burner did u buy?? a DVD-burner or a CD-Burner??
      my posting is just for CD-Burners, i dont know exactly how to use DVD-Burners
      The Grandadmiral was here!

Comment

• vic102482
        Platinum Member
        Platinum Member
        • Jan 2002

Burner

I bought a dvd burner.....then i ripped from a dvd....to my harddrive....anbd the movie played fine......but then when burned to a blank dvd.......my standalone dvd player wouldnt play it at all.... i did not modify the file....i ripped then burned the exact file to the blacnk dvd since the blank had enough space that i didnt have to do anything to it like compress. i really need help

Comment

Working...