X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bretty
    • Jul 2002

ATI DVD Player

G'day.

I have just downloaded the new MMC 8.1 hoping that it would fix the problem of not being able to play DVD's using their player.
    I ge the error message --> Fatal error, failed to load video decoders.

What the hell is that? I have DX9, CAT 3.2's latest SiS AGP and IDE drivers,

Any light on this would be nice. I am able to play movies in other DVD players like PowerDVD and winDVD, so the drive is ok. I would like to use the ATI player as It is made by the same ppl that made my video card, and therfore hope the quality is better, with all the fullstream and all

Bretty out.
    Artificial Intellegence, will never replace human stupidity
  • Frugus
    • Oct 2003

Same problem here

I hope you found a solution because I have the exact same problem here. I've re-installed all the drivers I could think of yet I'm getting the exact same error as you do.

Just a few days ago it was impossible for me to watch a DVD movie through the ATI player. I thought it was just another copy protection thing but then I noticed that my other and older players could do the job while nothing at all could be read through the ATI DVD player, trying to play anything through it would freeze up the computer, requiring a cold boot.

Now that I have downloaded everything back with a new version of the software I'm getting this error instead. At least the computer won't freeze up anymore...

Comment

• atifsh
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • May 2003

incase ur getting ur mmc frm download and not frm the orignal cd frm ATi then u wont able to play dvd as the decorders are not free and either u have to buy the new mmc 8.5 i guess or just the decorder if any available.
      Seems like as soon you buy somehing, v. 2 comes out 1.5 times as fast!..!

Comment

Working...