Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kogos
    • Jan 2002

PowerDVD Problem

I was a fun of PowerDVD and i tried out the PowerDVD XP 4.0 version. I bought it from a local store. I used it with my laptop with S3 Twister graphic card (with TV-OUT and iDCT acceleration) and nothing seems to work. When i try to load a DVD movie, the system just freezes and restarts, saying that i have a problem with my graphic card. I could only see a movie when i turned OFF hardware acceleration. So, i downloaded WinDVD 3.1 and i works a lot better than PowerDvD. i can even use all hardware acceleration features of my graphic card. WinDVD seems to have less features than PowerDVD, but all that a program like this needs to do is PlAY DVD titles, and PowerDVD fails. If anyone has any suggestion how to solve this problem with PowerDVD, reply. It's a petty that Cyberlink created such a great program with no compatibility.

System Compontents:
    Windows XP Pro on:
    Pentium III 1GHz
    512 MB RAM
    DVD 8x 24x
    S3 twister Graphic card 16MB with iDCT and TV-OUT
    20GB Fujitsu HD
    Via chipset based motherboard

thanx in advance
    WinDVD
    0%
    PowerDVD
    0%
    DirectDVD
    0%
    Creative soft-DVD
    0%
  • LimonDude
    • Jan 2002

Do you have DirectX 8.0 and your video card's latest drivers installed?

Comment

• kogos
      • Jan 2002

Latest drivers installed

I have latest drivers installed (i downloaded the last release (2/1/2002)) and directX 8.0. I try to keep up to date with the latest drivers all times, but the problem still exists....

Comment

Working...