Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ariey2k
    • Mar 2003

Missing Audio playback on LG DVD-ROM Drive

Just installed an LG Model GDR-8161B DVD-ROM Drive on Pentium II MMX with Windows 98. The drive works well as a CD-ROm drive and plays Audio-CD's, however, it plays DVD movies without their Audio. I am using PowerDVD XP 4 bundled with the drive. Any idea of likely causes?
  • gd_nimrod
    • Nov 2002

Are your speakers turned on?

Ok, seriously, since your machine is a P2 MMX, i would guess that maybe you dont have enough processing power for the audio to play as well as the video.
    Did you know you can SEARCH the forum? Fixes common problems too:
    http://forum.digital-digest.com/search.php

Also search on the whole Digital-Digest website:
    http://www.digital-digest.com/search.html

Comment

• Glacier
      • Mar 2003

There is actually an issue with the 8161B and 8160 LG DVD models. I discovered this when I bought the Fellowship of the Rings extended box set and couldn't play it.

There is a patch available on the LG website. Unfortunately I can't give you the exact link, the following message on their site explains.

-----

Dear All GCSC users,

We would like to inform you that the GCSC system will temporarily
      be closed for the following period:

29 Mar 2003 00:00 ~ 01 Apr 2003 09:00 (Korean Time)

Apologies for any inconveniences caused.

For enquiries please contact the GCSC Administrator.

Thank you.

-------

Comment

• Ariey2k
        • Mar 2003

Many thanks. I shall try and enter their web site after the 1/4 and see if there is something of value. I actually posted a query to LG support but was referred to their rep in the UK whom I did not yet contact. However, they confirmed that the bundled PowerDVD should be a full package (with Audio). Amazingly, I tried to substitute PowerDVD 3.3 for the bundled XP 4 and the result was that I got the reverse, Audio only, no movie picture.

Comment

Working...