Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sam240
    • Apr 2003

DVDIdle Pro 1.20 WORK?

Hi, Alendr2.....does the DVDIdle Pro 1.20 work?
    Ok, first of all i want to know what software DVD player you use?

PowerDVD, WinDVD or others? What version that you use?

I try on PowerDVD XP 4.0 and run the on the DVDIdle Pro 1.20, its still cant read my Region 1's DVD disc......since my Samsung DVD Rom SD-616Q is Region 3.

When I try on WinDVD Platinium 4.5.11 and run the DVDIdle Pro 1.20, it's can play the DVD....??? ..... Why? What's wrong with my PowerDVD XP? I installed the bundled...
    Can you tell me? Thanks....
  • Alendr2
    • Mar 2003

Unfortunately I can only suggest that PowerDVD XP 4.0 is not properly supported (DVDIdle Pro 1.20 help declares about PowerDVD 3.0/XP support). You can may be try to exclude existing PowerDVD from supported by DVDIdle Pro applications and then include PowerDVD XP 4.0 in to application window? Try to ask directly from Fengtao Software site http://www.dvdidle.com.
    Definitely I can say about my experience with DVDIdle Pro 1.20 (17 march 2003 release) on Pioneer DVD-ROM 116, software player MSI DVD (it is internally WinDVD version 3 OEM) under Win XP Home Edition. I added MSI DVD application into DVDIdle Pro application windows, and also included DVDIdle Pro into Windows_Programs_Startup menu because otherwise as I inserted DVD and this event autostarts MSI DVD and it in turn autostarts DVDIdle Pro but seems to late so I received region conflict message. Now everything is wonderful - DVDIdle Pro smoothly changes MSI DVD internal region information, trick over DVD-ROM region checking (e.g. if I play region 1 DVD my MSI DVD is changed automatically to region 1, but DVD-ROM is still region 2 and not any counters changed!!!). Smart cashing-ahead also works fine (DVD-ROM is working only part of playing back movie time).
    Good luck!

Comment

• sam240
      • Apr 2003

Thanks..But @ Smart cashing-ahead?

Thank you for your suggestion....

Now I have try to uninstall the PowerDVD XP 4.0, and I try run DVDIdle Pro 1.20 with WinDVD. It's really can work probably.

About the Smart cashing-ahead, I try to use it with my PowerDVD and the WinDVD, but it doesn't work very well. When I use the cache in RAM memory, the movie played smoothly, but unfortunately when I set it to my hard disc and use the 600MB space for it, the movie play unsmoothly. It play about 3 second and then the picture is still for about 2 second (randomly)

Do you know what happend to this? Did I set something incorrect? Please help me, anybody...?

Thank you...

Comment

• Alendr2
        • Mar 2003

I am using default 600M disk cash on Seagate Barracuda 80GB 7200 rpm ATA-100 disk (UDMA Mode 5). For DVD-ROM only DMA (not UDMA - on my computer it does not work stable) is enabled in motherboard and in WinXP. CPU is Athlon 1800+ motherboard on VIA/333 chipset, RAM 256M.
        On that hardware smart ahead is OK (only the very first second I see some picture jerking).

Comment

Working...