Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Anchoraged
    • Apr 2003

MSI 8870 VTD-64 (G4Ti4200) won't play through tv-out

I have a MSI 8870 VTD-64, a GF4Ti4200 card which has VIVO. The problem is that when I play any DVDs on my monitor, they work correctly.

But when I connect the pc to my tv, it works correctly, except that when I load a DVD and start playing it, it waits for 10-20 seconds and then reports that the dvd can't be played. Only DVD (all RPC-2) that runs this way is Amelie, others (like LOTR) report the same.

So is this some kind of macrovision-protection as I can watch DVD through a VGA->S-VHS converter but I'd like to use the card's tv-out as the converter is working somewhat unreliably. Is the only solution buying TV-Tool or do I need to use some other specific drivers (at this moment Detonator 41.09, the tv-out chip is Philips 7108A)?
  • toastem
    • Apr 2003

From what i know about this problem there are 2 possiblities. One is that it's the Macrovision crap, or that your TV is not set up as the primary moniter. To watch DVD's or Divx 'n' such, you'll need to set you TV as the primary moniter so the Direct Draw will render the video on the screen. If it macrovision, then you can un-macro it by ripping the DVD to you HD (smartripper or DVD Decrrypter) and play it from there. I don't know about the VGA to S-Video adapter, cause it will still read the TV as such, therefor, the macrovision will still be enabled. (just a guess on that) Just remeber, either way, your TV will need to be set up as the primary display.

Comment

• Comberman
      Platinum Member
      Platinum Member
      • Aug 2002

When setting up TV as the primary display (Display Properties/Advanced Settings) click on Device Selection and check the format (Change Format). This will bring up a list of TV formats where you can verify if your TV settings are correct.
      Genius creates what it must; talent creates what it can.

Comment

Working...