Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JayKayRossi
    • Jan 2002

Playback problem through TV-Out

I am having major headaches trying to get DVD playback through the TV-Out on my Nvidia GeForce mx400 card, on an Athlon XP-1600 PC with 256 meg RAM, O/S Windows 98.

The error when using WinDVD is 'Create Overlay Failed - Please lower your screen resolution or Colour depth and try again.'
    The DVD playback works fine when not trying to use TV-Out (Set-up using the Clone option in Display >Properties >Setting >Advanced >TwinView)

I've tried various thing with Screen Resolution and Colour Depth to no avail. I've got DirectX 8 installed, no problems there. I've tried disabling and reenabling Hardware acceleration as mentioned in another forum. No joy.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, I'm getting a little frustrated to say the least.
  • JayKayRossi
    • Jan 2002

Problem solved

I have managed to sort my problem by using a little bit of software from www.tvtool.de which has been written especially for Nvidia graphics cards to output the monitor to TV (or dual view if required). Using composite cable and audio leads through scart adapater on TV, and hey presto, all working great. Have now registered for the full version, as it also disables macrovision which makes video copying of DVD's a snip. Hope this helps some of you out there experiencing a similar problem.

Comment

• Kaiser-Soze
      Platinum Member
      Platinum Member
      • Jan 2002

I have the Geforce2MX400 too and I get a simiral message (Current Display Mode Not Supported Change Resolution) when I am using PowerDVD. First try to reload the new Nvidia Detonator Drivers which solve the problem but even if you don't u can do what I did for 5 months before they fix the bug.

Do the below with this order

1) Set screen resolution to 800x600 which is the TV res.

2) Set screen to 16 bit color

3) Display Properties ---------> Settings -------> Advanced
      -------------> GeForce 2 MX 400 Tab --------> Additional Properties
      ------------->Taskbar Utility ------------->
      Open Video Mirror Screen Tool ----------->
      At Secondary Display select Source aspect

Now it Should Work
      Speak until the tape runs out. Playback the tape until the story is finished...

Comment

Working...