Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AhrbokTrexon
    • May 2003

divx playback with kiss dp450

Hi, I've made a backup copy of a dvd with dvdx 2.2, the quality of encoded file is very high and on pc it looks very well... I've used divx 5.0.3.
    Here is the problem: when I try to play this divx on my kiss dp-450, I see a worst film with a lot of fucsia (or green) colored parts? where is the problem? is there any particular setting to make divx compatible with kiss?

Thanks for the help
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

I'd suggest that you contact the hardware manufacturer - You may discover that the present firmware doesn't properly handle v.5.03 yet.

(By the way, if you read the many posts about v.5.03 here, you'll note that it's quite buggy. You should update to the most current version)

Comment

• AhrbokTrexon
      • May 2003

do you think that it's only a firmware problem?

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

Please re-read my initial response.

Neither I, nor anyone else, can or should "guess" whether it's a firmware problem.

1) Again, contact the KISS manufacturer

2) Try creating a video with the more recent version of DivX v.5.xx

Comment

• hermanthegerman
          Gold Member
          Gold Member
          • Apr 2002

I recently bought a DP-450 and after updating to firmware 2.6.5 it played my DIVX5.02 movies perfectly. No problems at all as long as you don't use Qpel (which I had never done )
          I don't use DIVX5.05 up to now, because 5.02 runs stable on my system.
          So you maybe consider to go back to 5.02 or wait for a new firmware that supports 5.05 (if it is a firmware issue) and don't use anything else than BI and GMC.

Regards,
          hermanthegerman

Comment

Working...