Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tomasc
    • May 2003

Region free DVD

Hi ... this is a beginner's question. I am in Guatemala, we are Region 4 DVD.

Mu daughter is moving here from the US, with a bundle of her Region 1 DVD's. I would like her to be able to pay them, easy, it seems, on a region-free player, but to make a Region 4 copy to play on other local machines.

I will be buying her a new PC. Does that do the job ? What do I need to do ? Change the DVD's region in the PC and then burn a new Region 4 DVD for her friends ?

Anyone can help, please ?

Thank you. Tomas
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

If you use a program such as DVDShrink to burn a backup of your DVD, it will allow you to select all ("region free") or any regions...

Comment

• tomasc
      • May 2003

DVD region free help ...

Thank you. I am looking at DVD Shrink's website and their claim to fame is shrinking file sizes of movies by either removing content or by reducing quality.

Will it also allow me to make a back up of a Region 1 DVD that will be a copy, but play in a local Region 4 DVD player ?

You say a program "such as DVD Shrink" ... are there any others ?

What should I get in my daughter's PC to make that work ?

Muchas gracias, really appreciate your help,

a beginner DVD user, Tomas

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"Will it also allow me to make a back up of a Region 1 DVD that will be a copy, but play in a local Region 4 DVD player ?"

Once again, if you use a program such as DVDShrink to burn a backup of your DVD, it will allow you to select all ("region free") or any regions...

Comment

Working...