Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AndrewB
    • May 2003

WinDVD Platinum - Video Effects

I can't access the "Video Effects" in WinDVD. This is supposed to allow advanced video effects like sharpen, fuzz, et cetera. Basically, you press the little tab thing at the right of the controls, and it lists 7 control menus. Navigation, Language, Audio Effects, Audio SRS... Video Effects is at the bottom.

Everything in the "Video Effects" is greyed out. The off/on button is greyed out. While the video is playing, or any other time, I cannot access any of those options no matter what. There is absolutely no information about this on the help file, WinDVD troubleshooter, FAQ, or anything else on the internet!

My system is WinXP Home, P3M 1GHz, 512MB SDRAM, 8x DVD/CD-RW combo, Mobility Radeon 7500.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

if you would PURCHASE the program, rather than rely on a "keymaker" to modify the free trial version, you wouldn't have this problem ;>}

(If you do a Google Search for "WinDVD Platinum" AND "Video effects", one of the things you'd find is the following quote at a Russian board, "it seems that video effects option in windvd platinum are disabled after activation with help of CORE's keymaker")

Comment

• AndrewB
      • May 2003

Okay, thanks for clearing that up a bit. I could live without the video effects, but is there any other way to activate them? After all, purchasing the program still requires using an activation code.

By the way, I didn't use a key generator. Just a key in a .txt file.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

Apparently you haven't caught the clue. The rules at these forums forbid postings regarding cracks, warez, or any other manner of illegally obtaining or activating commercial software.

What makes you post almost humorous is that the publishers of WinDVD are advertisers at these forums ;>}

Why don't you just click on "Edit" in your initial post, then put a checkmark in the upper lefthand "Delete" box and then click on "Delete?" in the upper right?

Comment

• AndrewB
          • May 2003

That's okay. Just needed this one question answered. Evidently it did have something to do with either the activation code, the video decode settings, or something else. WinDVD can be quite an enigma sometimes.

But anyway, you helped me fix my problem. Thanks!
          Last edited by AndrewB; 12 May 2003, 05:23 PM.

Comment

• crmaster
            • Jun 2003

Andrew

guaranteed to get video effector back, uninstall windvd platinum completley.. including the registry..
            regedit/edit/find/ windvd platinum... delete the value in the right side window. delete shortcut from your desktop.. then unplug completely from the internet COMPLETEY FROM THE INTERENET!!

it's good to use nortons systemworks windoctor to complete this task...
            next, reboot your computer! Now, still being disconnected from the internet, reinstall windvd platinum. when complete, activate it with your serial....or as you said, getting it from kazaa, you shouldn't have to activate.... either way. when you're done, if you did everything I told you to do, there's no reason why you shouldn't have video effect in the subpanel... when you go back online if you're asked if you would like windvd to access the internet, choose "no"... Good Luck!

Comment

Working...