Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bart man
    • May 2003

trouble coping anything, pic, movie back up w/ dvd-x-copy and files

Just purchased a DVD burner 1X panosonic. Cant make back-up copy using DVD X Copy or DVD Decrypter. After storing file (movie) to hard drive X copy will not reconize my media, be it DVD-R or DVD-Ram. DVD Decrypter will also show drive not ready. The specs for the burner states it uses DVD-R, I have only been able to burn 1 copy on my first try, afterwards I've had no luck. I'm also having the same type of trouble when trying to burn copies of my pictures or files using Nero Express. It will not reconize my media, I've tried 3 types of DVD-R's with no luck. It will read and play any CD/DVD. Could it be a defective DVD recorder or trouble with the software which seem unlikly that 3 different softwares would report the same trouble?

PS I'm running Window 98 on a clone 1.8G hz system, does DVD X Copy require you to have a DVD burner and DVD ROM or just the burner?
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"Could it be a defective DVD recorder"

Could be, based on the brief history you've described. You might consider returning it promptly for exchange...

(DVDDEcrypter will only burn .ISO image files - and you have to set it to .ISO mode in order for it to "look" at your hard drive, in order to select the .ISO image file for burning. It should then tell you the specifications of the blank DVD-R in your burner, rather than "Device not ready")
    Last edited by setarip; 19 May 2003, 09:59 AM.

Comment

• bart man
      • May 2003

Thanks, I was first thinking the problem was with DVD X Copy running on Win 98 until I tried Nero Express & DVD Decrypter. I've tried changing it from Secondary master to Sec Slave then to Primary slave and so for nothing is working. It will only read the Media and write (new installation of software) to harddrive. Thanks

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"Thanks"

My pleasure - and Good Luck ;>}

Comment

Working...