X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jester77
    • May 2003

only center part of dvd movie visible

hi

when i try to play a dvd on windows media player 9 or power dvd xp4.0 (windows xp professional), i can see only the zoomed center part of the video, the top, bottom, left and right parts are cut off. video zoom options in media player have no effect on the cut-off parts

anybody got an idea?

thanks, Jester
  • Sebdavid
    • Apr 2004

exactly the same problem here on my widescreen laptop...
    any ideas people?

Comment

• 404Error
      • Apr 2004

same problem here too.

Comment

• 404Error
        • Apr 2004

All you hafto do is go to your video card settings and make sure overlay is on out rather than in...

Hope that helps

Comment

• Sebdavid
          • Apr 2004

well that cured that!!!
          thanks a lot 404, that problem was really aggravating and I could not find the solution!
          How this setting got changed, I don't know, but that's another story...

Hey, you wouldn't happen to have a trick to prevent non-19:9 reolution programs to be automatically stretched on my widescreen, would you? I looked at all the settings and couldn't find one except to keep the original resolution and not stretch at all, which of course results in a teeny tiny window in the center of the screen for 640x480 programs... I'd like the display to stretch them, but keep them in 4:3 resolution, for example 1024x768.
          Last edited by Sebdavid; 19 Apr 2004, 12:08 AM.

Comment

Working...