Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oldsalt19
    • Jun 2003

VirtualDub pack synchonization error

In an attempt to fix the dreaded and common audio-video synchonization problem, I downloaded VirtualDubmpg2 1.4.10 and tried to load an mpeg2 (I think) produced by Ulead Video Studio V6 using the NTSC DVD setting. I got : Mpeg Import Filter: pack synchonization error
    XP only identifies the file as an Mpeg file, but I been told that its a mpg2. I got the same error earlier when trying to load the file into the standard Vdub software. I am running XP on a 2.66 P4 with 2 gigs of ram and I have approx 50 gigs of hard disk free.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

You wouldn't want to use any of the VirtualDub-related programs to correct an MPEG's audio/video synchronization problem - because these programs ONLY output .AVI files.

Try using TMPGEnc instead...

(Just curious - Doesn't the ULead software have facilities for adjusting synchronization?)

Comment

• bicnarok
      • Oct 2003

its something to do with the fact that the newer versions of Virtual dub dont lwork with MPEG 2 Codec´s because microsoft threaten to suit them, so they removed it. In some older versions it still works.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

To bicnarok

You are misinformed. VirtualDub has NEVER been capable of creating MPEG OUTPUT - only .AVI. (MPEG-2 has NOTHING to do with Microsoft)

What you are confusing this with, is the fact that up to and including v.1.3C, VirtualDub was capable of accepting .ASF format files as INPUT...

Comment

• slun4ice
          • Nov 2003

Problem with VobSub

hi I have a problem and cant solve it so i'll be happy if you help me. i want to make a vcd movie with subtitles from avi movie. i use vobsub, virtualdub and tmpg enc. so when i have to load the subtitle file it have to be *.ifo file but it is *.sub.what to do?!?

Comment

Working...