Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • caffeine
    • Jul 2003

help: fast-forwarding problem with joined clips

I tried to join multiple clips (vbos), each clips has its own IFO files. First I rename selected clips that I wanted to have sequential name. ie:
    Original file:
    VTS_01_1.VOB,
    VTS_02_1.VOB,
    VTS_03_1.VOB
    Renamed file:
    VTS_01_001.VOB,
    VTS_01_002.VOB,
    VTS_01_003.VOB.

Then I used vboEdit to joinclips starting at VBO ID 1. After vboEdit done its thing I have the new files: VTS_01_1.VBO to VTS_01_n.VBO.

Next I used IFOEdit to create new IFO with default settings (ie. Create 1 PGC & Create chapter for each vbo id). After IFOEdit finished creating new IFO I GetVTSsector to correct the pointer.

Finally I burned the joined vbo along with the new IFO.

The movie plays perfectly on PC and stand alone, I can skip chapter correctly between the clips. The only problem was when i tried to fast forward in chapter other than 1st chapter (ie. chapter 2,3,4,etc), it always fast-forwarding the 1st chapter. So basically I cannot watch or skip to certain part of the other chapter.

Anyone can help me? Is this the correct way of doing it? Which section of IFO that handling the fast-forwarding?

Thanks.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

If you don't mind "losing" subtitles, if any, instead of trying to link the files, you may be able to use either TMPGEnc DVD Author (NOT TMPGEnc) or DVDLab to simply load the original .VOBs as individual tracks - and establish whatever chapter settings you desire (and add a menu, if you desire)...

Comment

• caffeine
      • Jul 2003

Thanks for the reply,

unfortunatelly i like to keep the subtitles. Any other suggestion?

I will try to strip some vob or stream from the created IFO. I read in some forum that it might fix the cell-table allocation, or sumthing like that. Which might be the solution to the problem.

Comment

• caffeine
        • Jul 2003

It works,

I left an unwanted subtitles when joining the clips, then strip it in IFOEdit.

The result was perfect, i can skip, play and fast forward without any problem.

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

Congratulations on resolving your dilemma ;>}

Comment

Working...