Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • maulydaft
    • Jul 2003

other playback issues

I had no idea this dvd thing would be so problematic!
    My player is NOW playing my dvd ok. there are a few bumps here and there (jumpy lines, audio break up, audio out of sync) which I would like to fix and/but now I"ve got another problem. I put in my first hollywood dvd (spiderman) and the software on the dvd said it couldn't see a DVD navigator. So it wouldn't play. I intalled PowerDVD AGAIN and no luck. How annoying.... And one would hope that when one puts a dvd in their player it would play beautifully from start to finish...If PowerDVD is one of the leading dvd softwares why am I having such problems?
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Just click on "Cancel" when the "Interactual" screen automatically appears. Then open PowerDVD and select "Play DVD" (or whatever the PowerDVD terminology is) - and enjoy "Spidey" ;>}

Comment

• maulydaft
      • Jul 2003

yeah, tried that and PowerDVD wouldn't play it either. Just sat on the "this is a region 1 disc" pic. I've never CHOSEN region one BTW, but I live in Canada so all should be aok... right??? sigh.... LUckily, I saw Spiderman in the theatre

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"I've never CHOSEN region one BTW"

1) With most drives, you have to initially select a region

2) If you've made your drive "region free", what you're probably seeing is RCE (different than "Region" protection) protection. RCE, which is NOT used on many commercial DVDs, prevents playback on region-free drives.

if this is, in fact, the case, you can eliminate the RCE protection by using DVDDecrypter to "rip" the ENTIRE DVD to your hard drive (Set DVD Decrypter to "File" mode and from the "Edit" dropdown menu, choose "Select ALL files", NOT "Select movie files")

Comment

Working...