Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sandstorm
    • May 2003

Playback Stutters than Freezes Up

I have been having problems lately with playback on both my stand alone DVD player and the DVD rom on my lap top. I use 1x DVD-R Pros (Grade A). The DVD usually will play fine until towards the end when it freezes up. If I take the DVD out of the player and put it back in and start over, I can usually get farther through the movie, but it usually freezes up again before I get to the end. At first I thought it was just the media I was using, but I've had the problem with 3 different DVD's I've rented from Blockbuster as well. I also thought it was my DVD player (only 6 months old), but the same problem will happen some times on my lap top (only 3 months old). Any one else seen this happen?
  • crombiebrandrep
    • Aug 2003

Me too

The same thing happens to me. I use a G4 15" powerbook. Please let me know how to fix the problem.

Comment

• WildmanJoe
      • Jan 2003

Try the following:

1. Close all applications while playing your DVDs.
      2. Clean your DVD-Rom lens
      3. Make sure that there are no stickly labels on the DVD itself as this might cause freeze-ups.

If all else fails, take it back to the shop you bought it from and demand a refund

Comment

• forx
        • Aug 2003

i have noticed(by accident)that a lot of dvd/rs have a film of grease/dirt on them.
        i cleaned a disc out of frustration with "optrex eye wash"that was skipping like mad,the results were amazing! it played perfect.now use this for all and all go great.

Comment

• shiny#3
          Digital Video Master
          Digital Video Master
          • Jul 2003

since that problem occurs with both... standalone and pc dvd rom
          let me ask you some questions

do these problems occur only with burned dvds or also with original ones on both players? (sandtalone and pcdrives)

is there dirt to be seen?? or scratches???

is the dye vanishing due to to much exposure to sunlight??

have you tried a DVD lens cleaner??

is your dvdplayer (both dvd standalone and dvdpc drive)

covered with dust or with another device .... so that it meets heat problems?

Comment

Working...