X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • colly
    • Aug 2003

DVD audio and video playback is jumpy!!!! :(

hi,

i need some help. i have a samsung sn-324B CDRW/DVD combo drive, running on a 2.2GHz laptop with 512MB Ram and its running on XP.

its a european laptop, so was originally set to region 2. however i have since moved to korea and so have had to reset the region to region 3.

At first i was still unable to view dvds even after the region change. now however, when i start Intervideo WinDVD the DVD wont play. but if i eject the cd and put it back in again the DVD plays!!

however it plays with jumpy sound and video

has anyone any ideas on what the problem might be or how i might go about fixing the problem? it really is quite an annoying problem!

i've tried two (new) DVDs and both are jumpy. The laptop itself is only 2 months old.

thanks,
    colly
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

From within WinDVD, try turning off "hardware acceleration"...

From within the Control Panel, make sure the DVD ROM's DMA is turned on (if an available option)

P.S. - I'm remembering your other posting regarding changing regions - How did you finally overcome your problem?
    Last edited by setarip; 23 Aug 2003, 05:14 AM.

Comment

• colly
      • Aug 2003

woohoo!!!!!!

excellent!!!!!

i can now watch region 3 dvds with proper sound and video!!!

only had to turn off hardware acceleration from within Intervideo WinDVD itself.

i installed and ran DVD Genie and got it to force the region code. After i did that i was able to play region 3 DVDs. dunno why exactly that worked because the region had already been set to three in both device manager and windvd......but i aint complaining!

thanks for your help! i would have been screwed without it!

i had been about to send an abusive email to Dell tech support for being so completely unhelpful and useless!!

regards,
      colly

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"thanks for your help! i would have been screwed without it!"

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

• techno
          Digital Video Master
          Digital Video Master
          • Nov 2001

personally I recommend PowerDVD by cyberlink - nothing can beat it imo over 75% of users use powerDVD

Comment

Working...