Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • frer
    • Jan 2002

Problem making matshita sr-8176 region free

Hello, I am trying to make my Matshita SR-8176 MZ25 region free but am having problems. The dvd-rom player is installed on my notebook running windows 2000 professionnal. Since it is required to run the app dwl2 on real dos mode here are the steps I used:

1- Reboot using win98 boot disk.
    2- Copied dwl2.exe and mz25.bin from a: to c: (there is a reason for this that I will explain later)
    3- Remove the floppy drive module and insert the dvd rom module
    4- Run the program (dwl2 2 mz25.bin)

Everything seemed to work perfectly. The program recongnized the drive and the program worked with no bugs but when I restarted the computer in windows and launched the cdvdinfo.exe, the app says that I am still under region protection (?).

The reason I have to copy my files from a: to c: is because dos does not recognize the ntfs file system but creates a simily c: which contains several system files. This might be the problem although I have tried launching ntfsdos and could not run the program (computer hung).

Does anybody have any idea what I should do or try doing?

Thank you,

François
  • furosa
    • Mar 2002

Try this

Actually, the RPC1 patched firmware has an "X" instead of a "Z" in the name, so it should reas "MX25" instead of "MZ25". You may have downloaded the incorrect file.

Try again to download the right file from:

and give it a try.

Please reply for results !!!

Comment

Working...